Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Try, try, try again

This may sound deep, but it's really not.

You know, there are some things in life you really get only one shot at. First impressions, not tripping on the stage during high school graduation when accepting your diploma, birth, etc.

However, there is something I consistently fail at, but always get a second, third, fourth, fifth shot at:

Getting up early.

I always have good intentions, but every morning something seems to come up, and I don't get to work until 9:00 generally, at the earliest. I thought today would be the big day when I would be there by 8:30, alas, I was there at 9:05. I'm starting to notice the difference between biking to work and driving. My attire that I bike to work in is definitely not work-wear (though sometimes I wear it for a bit until I feel like changing) so a bit of care is required when packing my backpack up for the day. Sometimes I am trying new combinations of clothing (oh my!) so must try them on in the morning. So I try on the day's work outfit. Then I take it off. Then I put on my biking clothes (sometimes multiple layers - must think ahead as likely will be biking home at 8:00pm). Then I pack my work clothes up. Then I pack my gym clothes up (weather pending - nice days I still try to bike instead because it's 800x better). Then I get distracted. And eventually I get to work. If I drove to work I would get dressed, look for keys, then drive to work. Simpler.

It is 11:00pm right now, and I am going to try and get up at a decent hour tomorrow so I can take an afternoon bike ride as weather is supposed to be uncharacteristically, well, nice. Curious.

Today I ditched work for an hour and a half or so in the afternoon to go biking. Went downtown since it was a bit windy and quite gusty. I like biking downtown when windy because you never have to bike right into the wind for too long. Was super nice out and I wish I wore shorts instead of 'knickers' (bike term for 'bike capris', I guess) and the long sleeves were even a bit much. Granted I probably would had been cold if I had been walking, or simply standing still, but I was a disgusting sweaty, rosey-cheeked mess when I got back to work. Love it :)

Sleep!~
La fin.

No comments: